The general divisions of drug control and research
The General Division of Pharmacology
Pharmacology division including research workers, research students and technical support staff. The overarching theme of research in the division is to discover the fundamental mechanisms that underlie important problems in Pharmacology. Major research areas of the department include behavioral pharmacology, neuropharmacology, cell signalling, hematological assays, teratology, bioassays and pharmacological intervention in infectious diseases.
The department has good facilities for external students having no place to undergo their practical work (Bench fees).
- Analysis of pharmaceutical products using QC measurement for re-evaluating their compliance with the international specifications & standards to ensure their safety and efficacy.
- The Pharmacology department is producing remarkable new insights into physiology, pathology, and therapeutics by identifying the chemical mediators of physiological events, measuring the effects of drugs and natural products and by interpreting the impact of these interactions on the function of the body organs and the living animal.
General Division consists of three subdivisions:
- Sub-Division of Pharmacology (El-Haram)
- Sub-Division of Growth Pharmacology (Kafr El-Gabal)
- Sub-Division of Chronic Toxicity (Agouza)
The General Division of Biological Science
The general Division of biological drug &control research encompasses five subdivisions namely: Biochemistry, Physiology, food evaluation, food science, molecular drug evaluation and Hormone evaluation.
The researchers work in control laboratories, using complex instrumentation and laboratory equipment to conduct tests and analysis that are used in product quality regulations or conducting scientific research studies. Data gathered from analytical tests are assessed then documented and reported.
Achievement of testing & analysis to ensure that human & veterinary drugs, biological, dietary- supplements, genetically engineered pharmaceutical products meet the international specification.
Biological Science Staff
The General Division of Pharmaceutics
Pharmaceutics is the study of relationships among formulation, delivery, disposition of drugs and clinical response. It involves the design, development and evaluation of drugs in combination with an appropriate dosage forms well as nanoparticles. As a part of the National Organization for Drug Control & Research. The department of the general division of pharmaceutics has encompassed preparation of a pharmacist with various skills in the formulation, evaluation and industrialization of different pharmaceutical dosage forms and advanced drug delivery systems. The General Division of Pharmaceutics at NODCAR, is concerned with drug quality as transformative where it is an ongoing process that includes empowerment and enhancement of customer satisfaction. Therefore to emphasis for these, NODCAR is focusing not only on quality assurance but additionally on the quality. In accordance with the presidential decree, the department of pharmaceutics at NODCAR, is entrusted with the responsibility of the quality control of pharmaceutical and cosmetic products to assure that the products tested conform to appropriate standards of identity, strength, quality and purity. All methods and techniques of analysis should meet certain basic criteria as adequate degree of accuracy, precision and specificity.
Departmental staff teaches on the MSc & Ph.D. degree in the areas of drug delivery, formulation, clinical pharmaceutical science, and nanotechnology. The Department is also responsible for running the highly popular lectures in Pharmaceutics in a systematic manner every year.
The Department of Pharmaceutics seeks to be recognized nationally and internationally for innovation of pharmaceutical education and research by:
- Promoting the research work to solve the industrial problems and developing the pharmaceutical products.
- Optimizing the quality control process, to develop and update the pharmaceutical knowledge to cope with the rapid development in this field.
- Preparing a pharmacist with various skills in the formulation, evaluation and industrialization of different pharmaceutical dosage forms and advanced drug delivery systems.
- Excelling in research in the field of pharmaceutics and industrial pharmacy.
The General Division of Basic Medical Science
Researchers of the general division of basic medical science (GDBMS) improve QC sector through applying the most recent research methods.
- Continuous upgrading of personal qualifications and capabilities through execution of training programs and using recent technologies in the research domain.
- To stand with the most recent updates in Basic medical science and drug industry.
General Division of Basic Medical Sciences:
- Subdivision of Microbiology
- Subdivision of Histology
- Subdivision of Parasitological
Basic Medical Sciences Staff
The General Division of Medicinal plants
The General Division of medicinal plants and natural products comprises of six laboratories (two laboratories in Agouza and four in the Applied Research Center for Medicinal Plant in Kafr El Gable). The division is entrusted to quality control of pharmaceutical products containing natural items, Also to enhance the traditional of outstanding research in plant molecular biology and phytochemistry. The division applies research on growth, development and improvement of plants.
- Establishment of new analytical methods for determination of active constituents in medicinal plants sample.
- Development & propagation of medicinal plants via modern techniques.
- Isolation, extraction and identification of the active constituents of some plants using advanced technology methods.
- Fulfillment of researches concerning the effect of different environmental and climatic conditions of the medicinal plants in Egypt.
- Performance of analysis using the most recent methodology and technology e.g. chromatographic spectrophotometric & optical analysis (UV, FTIR, HPLC, TLC, GC and GC/MS)
- Collection of the researches done on some plants that have been internationally identified as pharmacologically & therapeutically active and safe for the purpose of further research on their use in traditional &complementary medicine.
Medicinal plant Staff
The General Division of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
The General Division of pharmaceutical chemistry is devoted to provide candidates with high quality control skills to allow them to carry out quality control on different pharmaceutical dosage forms, raw materials, veterinary preparations, cosmetics, miscellaneous substances, hormones, additives, medical devices, elemental and water analysis, etc. In addition, the general division qualifies researcher to obtain masters and Ph.D. degrees in analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, organic chemistry and physical chemistry, to improve the quality control laboratories.
The general division aims to follow up the new trends for quality control and research in pharmaceutical analysis techniques using advanced instrumentations, to release drugs with safety and efficacy.
Our general division runs 21 labs out of 42 of NODCAR labs.
General Division of pharmaceutical Chemistry consists of two sub-divisions:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry